Exchanges enhance diversity, mutual learning enrich cultures. The world has been shaped through interaction and mutual learning, and thus became more colourful. Young people are messengers between different cultures, and the future of mankind. In order to further strengthen communication and understanding among young people around the world, working with China Cultural Centers abroad, China Soong Ching Ling Foundation is delighted to invite teenagers aged 13 – 16 around the world to participate in the event of “Bridge of Friendship & Ambassadors of Culture – ‘Junior Cultural Ambassadors’ of China Soong Ching Ling Foundation” 2021. The event is expected to enhance interactions and friendship between young people around the world via the internet.
Theme: Build a Dream for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics
Awards and Quota
(I) Title of “Junior Cultural Ambassador”- A total of 30 “Junior Cultural Ambassadors” will be selected worldwide and awarded certificates and prizes.
(II) Finalist Award- In addition to “Junior Cultural Ambassadors”, 30 Nomination Awards will be given worldwide and awarded certificates.
(III) Outstanding Organization Award- The Outstanding Organization Award will be conferred on organizations that actively participate in the event and perform outstandingly.
Subject to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, winners will be invited to an offline exchange activity within two years, associated costs such as board and accommodation will be covered by the sponsor.
How to participate?
Participants should record and make original videos Arabic, Chinese (preferred), English, French, Spanish, or Russian; Video length: up to 6 minutes;
Video should contain:
- Part 1:
- 1 Self-introduction: personal experience of learning Chinese culture, travelling in China, participation in international cultural exchanges, honors & awards etc.;
- 2 Well wishes to all participants of the event;
- 3 Well wishes for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games.
- Part 2: Required items (Select at least one item，bonus points will be given if more items are completed):
- 1. Writing your own good wishes for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics in Chinese characters.
- 2. Reading or reciting a Chinese poem from the list provided by the organizing committee. (attached)
- Optional items (multiple items can be selected, more bonus points will be given with more completed items):
- 1. Singing part or all of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics song ‘Meet in Beijing’ in Chinese in the video, or use your singing as background music of the video;(Musical score attached)
- 2. Playing part or all of the song ‘Meet in Beijing’ on any musical instrument in the video or using your playing as background music of the video;
- 3. Drawing a winter-sports-themed picture in any art style, with an explanation of the picture and the creation process in the video；
- 4. Presenting other works on Beijing Olympic Winter Games or winter sports in the form of singing, instrument playing or painting.
- Part 3: Reciting the theme statement of the event, and your good wishes for the event.
* Video format: The picture of the video should be clear, stable, and well-composed, and the image and sound should be synchronized. The video should be in uncompressed avi, mov, wmv, or mpg file format. The resolution ratio should be 1920×1080, and the video shall be shot in landscape mode. No use of non-original material and don’t add watermarks or subtitles in the video.
Submission: (notice, file names should be titles: country + registration organization + student name)
- The video
- Registration Form for ‘Junior Cultural Ambassadors’ 2021. (attached)
Submitted to the following email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org until midnight July 28th (the local time of submission)
The entries will go through three phases, preliminary review, online display and poll, and final review by professionals.
The list of winners will be released in September 2021. An award ceremony will be held both online and offline on October 28th 2021, 100 days prior to the Beijing Winter Olympics.
Sponsored by: China Soong Ching Ling Foundation; Organized by: China Soong Ching Ling Science & Culture Center for Young People; Supported by: China Cultural Centers; Strategic Media Partner: China News Service; Media Support: WWW.CHINANEWS.COM, China Newsweek